Perfect for breakfast, brunch or a snack, this Zesty White Bean Garlic Toast takes less than 15 minutes and is a filling and healthy meal!
I’m sitting here, writing this, and I am still not over how tasty this recipe is. The combination of flavors in this very simple recipe is up there with “double rainbow” status.
You know when you take a bite of something and wonder where this had been your whole life? That’s what this toast is to me.
Garlic, onions and paprika are sautéed in olive oil until soft. Then, white beans and tomatoes are added to the mix. That’s when things really start coming together. After all of the flavors have had time to combine, crusty bread is rubbed with garlic cloves before being topped with the smoky, zesty white bean mixture. Add a few dashes of hot sauce and some green onions and you are now in toast heaven.
This recipe would be perfect for your next brunch at home – a savory meal that everyone is going to love!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, separated
- 2 tbsp. red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 15.5 oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 4-6 slices sourdough bread
- Optional Toppings: green onions, hot sauce
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add 2 diced garlic cloves, red onion and paprika* and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, white beans, salt and pepper to the pan. Stir and sauté for an additional 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- While bean mixture is cooking, toast bread.
- Before serving, cut last piece of garlic in half and rub on toast. Top toast with bean mixture, green onions and hot sauce.
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a photo + post it + and tag #thissavoryvegan and @thissavoryvegan!