One of the best pizza combos is vegan-ized with this Vegan Roasted Cauliflower BBQ Pizza – perfect Friday night eat!
BBQ pizza is one of the best combos of all time – in my opinion.
I remember seeing a special on Food Network a million years ago where they talked to the creator of the BBQ Pizza. He created it for the pizza chain – California Pizza Kitchen. Can you imagine inventing such a pizza staple??? Crazy.
While the original calls for chicken, we’re keeping it healthy and vegan (obviously) by adding marinated cauliflower to this bad boy.
Cauliflower adds a “meaty” texture as well as an awesome flavor that makes this pizza filling, healthy and totally tasty.
*Note: you can get my favorite vegan ranch at Target or online, here.
- 1 package pre-made pizza dough (16 oz.)
- ½ head cauliflower, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. sriracha
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 white onion, sliced
- Optional Toppings: vegan ranch, cilantro
- One hour before you want to cook the pizza, place the dough on a flour-dusted countertop.
- While dough is coming to room temperature, preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl combine cauliflower, red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, sriracha, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Spread evenly on baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. Remove from oven and increase oven heat to 475 degrees. Place cauliflower back in the bowl. Add BBQ sauce and stir to combine.
- While cauliflower is cooking, place a large pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Add onion to the pan. Once the onion starts to brown, add 1 tbsp. of water at a time* and stir frequently. Once onion is caramelized and soft remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray a 16" round baking sheet (or baking sheet of choice) with non-stick spray. Place dough on the sheet and stretch to desired shape. Top dough with BBQ/cauliflower mixture and spread evenly. Top with caramelized onion and place in the oven for 12-17 minutes, or until crust is brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and top with ranch, cilantro and red pepper flakes. Slice, serve and enjoy!
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a photo + post it + and tag #thissavoryvegan and @thissavoryvegan!