This Vegan Brown Butter Gnocchi with Fresh Herbs is a simple and flavorful dish. A savory meal that vegans and non-vegans will definitely enjoy.
When I made this the first time, I literally stood over the plate and said “Wow”. The amount of flavor that you are able to achieve with a few fresh herbs sautéed in butter is kind of unbelievable.
Not to mention it only takes 10 mins to put together.
You could eat this sauce over any pasta, but there is something special about having it with gnocchi. These little potato pillows melt in your mouth and keep you coming back for more.
This is one of those recipes that really makes you wonder why you didn’t go vegan sooner. It has everything you could want from a buttery pasta dish and none of the dairy.
- 4 tbsp. vegan butter
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes (optional), to taste
- 16 oz. package gnochhi
- 1 cup arugula
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Optional toppings: vegan parmesan, red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- While water is heating up, place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add butter and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and cook for an additional 1-3 minutes, or until butter begins to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add gnocchi to boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Using a slotted spoon transfer cooked gnocchi to sauce pan and add arugula and pine nuts. Toss until everything is coated evenly and arugula is slightly wilted. Plate and top with optional toppings. Serve and enjoy!
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a photo + post it + and tag #thissavoryvegan and @thissavoryvegan!