This Southwest Chopped Salad with Vegan Cilantro Ranch is perfect for Summer. A crowd pleaser that is ready in just 10 minutes!
You ever have a craving for something from your pre-vegan days? It happens to me all the time. It never makes me rethink eating/living the way I do. BUT it challenges me to figure out how to recreate those flavors in a different way.
And recently I have been craving a chopped salad with creamy ranch.
Which is where this salad comes in.
It has everything you could want from a traditional chopped salad, with none of the meat or dairy.
If you feel like making your own ranch, you can check out my recipe here. But if you’re short on time, you can do what I did and use a store bought version. I love Just Ranch from Hampton Creek – they sell it at Target so it is super easy to find. You can also get it online here.
Serve this as is or throw it in a tortilla to make a wrap.
You really can’t go wrong.
- FOR THE RANCH
- ½ cup vegan ranch
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- FOR THE SALAD
- 4 cups romaine, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1.5 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 12 oz. cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, diced
- To make the ranch, combine ranch and cilantro in a bowl and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine. Drizzle ranch over the salad and serve.
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a photo + post it + and tag #thissavoryvegan and @thissavoryvegan!