This Simple Vegan Mediterranean Spread is filled with fresh herbs and sun-dried tomatoes and can be served on sandwiches, as a dip or even with pasta.
This spread is the perfect blend of mediterranean flavors. It is like pesto and herb & oil bread dip had a baby.
Packed with fresh basil, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary and garlic, this is a flavor explosion in your mouth. This can be served as is for the perfect sandwich spread OR with some olive oil for an amazing bread dip.
I would even use this as a pasta sauce. Add this to a pan of hot cooked pasta with a little olive oil, and maybe some greens for a simple dinner.
- 5 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh, packed basil
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 2 tbsp. oil from sun-dried tomato jar
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend on high until combined, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Use as is for a sandwich spread, add olive oil to a plate and top with spread for a dip or add to cooked pasta for a sauce.
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a photo + post it + and tag #thissavoryvegan and @thissavoryvegan!