Quick, hearty and super healthy – this Quinoa Arugula Salad with Lemon Thyme Dressing is going to be your new favorite salad!
Do you ever go to a vegan restaurant and feel like everything on the menu is “typical vegan food” – everything is made out of quinoa, lentils or mushrooms and is super duper healthy and unappetizing? It’s not that I don’t like those things, but something I always try to do with the food I share here is make it exciting and instantly appetizing.
With that being said, this salad may sound like “typical vegan food” on the surface, but I swear it is not only healthy but really tasty. You know I wouldn’t steer you wrong.
This salad is peppery from the arugula, acidic from the lemon dressing and earthy from the crunchy almonds and fresh quinoa. If you are looking something that is light and healthy, but still exciting, then this is the salad for you.
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, finely diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- FOR THE SALAD
- 3 cups arugula
- 1.5 cups leftover cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Prepare the dressing by combing the ingredients in a small bowl and whisking together. Set aside until ready to use.
- Prepare the salad by combining the arugula, quinoa and almonds in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a photo + post it + and tag #thissavoryvegan and @thissavoryvegan!